Need renovation insurance advice for your upcoming project? Contact us to be put in touch with a specialist broker.
This product is designed for all UK homeowners undertaking building works and extensions that are not adequately insured under their current home insurance policy. This is our entry-level renovation policy aimed at the emerging wealth and mid net worth home insurance markets.
Renovation 500 all-in-one policy
- Existing Structure Value up to £450,000
- Contract Works Value up to £250,000
- Homeowner's Liability - £2,000,000
- Non-Negligence – Can be included as an option
- 6 months duration only
- Don’t ask the price, it’s always £500*
*If non-negligence at £250,000 is selected, the additional cost is £112 including tax
Renovation 500 at a glance
Renovation 500 brings an All Risks approach that is much nearer to the home insurance your mid and high net worth clients expect. It incorporates not only the property aspects, but the liability requirements as well, in a seamless package.
The existing structure, the contract works and the homeowner's liability exposures are insured under one single policy, for up to a 6-month period, for any renovation, refurbishment or construction.
We have several specialist products to cover almost every eventuality of the renovation contract. From unoccupied and property owners’ liability, to contract works and non-negligence, Renovation Underwriting provides market leading cover and advice to their broker partners.
Request a quote
Login to the broker portal
Request a toba
Access all of our products
Why choose us
- Renovation Underwriting provides market-leading insurance policies for homeowners undertaking works at their property. Our policies are JCT compliant and leave your client firmly in control when arranging the insurance requirements.
- We empower our brokers to become knowledgeable and therefore confident enough to, successfully navigate this hybrid personal/commercial insurance contract. We provide CPD to brokers and insurers alike so they can benefit from our unrivalled knowledge and experience.
- We have several specialist products to cover almost every eventuality of the renovation contract. From unoccupied and property owners’ liability, to contract works and non-negligence, Renovation Underwriting provides market leading cover and advice to their broker partners.
More innovative renovation products
Renovation 500Renovation 500 offers entry level insurance for UK brokers’ emerging wealth and mid net worth clients, undertaking building works and extensions lasting less than 6 months.
Renovation 950Entry level insurance for UK brokers’ emerging wealth and mid net worth homeowners undertaking building works and extensions lasting longer than 12 months.
Renovation MasterContract works solution for UK brokers’ high net worth homeowners undertaking building works and extensions where rebuilds are worth above £450,000.
Renovation UltraThe widest available cover for UK brokers’ homeowner clients undertaking building work and extension projects worth in excess of £5 million.
Renovation AssetInsurance for UK brokers’ commercial property owners and developers who are renovating, refurbishing, extending or undertaking new builds.
Renovation UnoccupiedInsurance for UK brokers’ homeowner clients or commercial property owner clients, with a property that is vacant on a permanent or temporary basis.
FAQs on Cessation of Works | Covid-19
Broker Relationship & Training Officer at Renovation Underwriting Natalia Child highlights the key considerations for Brokers and their private clients in regards to their Renovation policies where affected.
Renovation Insurance and JCT contracts
What is a JCT contract and why it is so important to your renovation project?
Renovation Insurance: Why this insurance is expensive?
Find out more why this insurance is expensive.