Escape of water during the building phase is a nuisance for all parties concerned. We have therefore created a new and interactive product underwritten around the installation and use of a water leak detection system.
The water leak detection system (WLD) is provided free of charge and must be fitted and activated at the start of the project. Upon practical completion, your client can either dispose of the detector or keep and adjust it to an everyday living frequency.
Your client may benefit from a discount with certain household insurers by keeping the system activated.
Renovation Smart brings an All Risks approach that is much nearer to the home insurance your high net worth clients expect, incorporating not only the property aspects but the liability requirements as well in a seamless package.
The existing structure, the contract works and the homeowner's liability exposures insured under one single policy, for any period of renovation, refurbishment or construction.
Terms and conditions apply.
- Existing Structure Value above £450,000
- Contract works Value greater than £250,000
- Homeowners liability- £2 million, 5 million and 10 million
- No restrictions on minimum or maximum project duration
- Contract values from £250,000 up to 150 million
- Water leak detector must be fitted and activated for the project duration
Why choose us
- Renovation Underwriting provides market-leading insurance policies for homeowners undertaking works at their property. Our policies are JCT compliant and leave your client firmly in control when arranging the insurance requirements.
- We empower our brokers to become knowledgeable and therefore confident enough to, successfully navigate this hybrid personal/commercial insurance contract. We provide CPD to brokers and insurers alike so they can benefit from our unrivalled knowledge and experience.
- We have seven specialist products to cover almost every eventuality of the renovation contract. From unoccupied to property owners’ liability and contract works to non-negligence, Renovation Underwriting provides market leading cover and advice to their broker partners.