Now online - new resources section with key updates & FAQs on Renovation Underwriting policies affected by Covid-19. Take a look
The product is designed for properties with a reinstatement value ideally in excess of £250,000 that are vacant on a permanent or temporary basis. A typical scenario might be where a property is waiting to be redeveloped, is a second home, or is vacant pending probate.
This product is primarily aimed at residential property and commercial property that is to be converted to residential. We can accommodate commercial that is not being converted but this is not our target market.
Note - We will not be looking to cover property undergoing renovation works under this product and we would refer you to our Renovation Portfolio product for this cover.
Terms and conditions apply.
ERGO Versicherung AG, UK part of the Munich Re Group
Standard and Poors Rating AA-
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man
Limits of cover
|Buildings cover||Contents Cover|
|Minimum Sum insured - £75,000||Minimum Sum insured - £1,000|
|Maximum Sum Insured £10,000,000+||Maximum Sum Insured £1,000,000|
Minimum Premium - £500 plus on Annual policy
Property Owners Liability will be £5,000,000 as standard
We are offering two levels of cover.
- Aircraft Impact Only
As per Level 1 plus
- Vehicle Impact
- Escape of Oil
- Escape of Water
- Theft/Attempted Theft
- Malicious Damage
Additional Benefit included for both Level 1 and Level 2
- Trace and Access up to £5,000
- Replacement locks up to £5,000
- Damage caused by emergency services up to £5,000
- Non-Standard Construction including Timber Frame 100% Flat roofs and EPDM/Living Roofs
- Grade 2, 2*, B and C Listed properties
- 3, 6 and 12 month Policies available
- 14 day inspection condition
- No requirement to seal letterboxes
- We can include Accidental Damage Cover in respect of the buildings section if required
- Voluntary excess levels up to £10,000 that attract premium discounts
- Single Flats anywhere in the UK can be covered
- Accidents to Domestic Staff can be covered up to £5,000,000
VPS Group – Risk management
We have designed this unoccupied product so that, in addition to insurance cover, we are able to offer our insured access to risk management services. These are delivered through a partnership with the VPS Group. These services include:
- Internal and external Property inspections
- Temporary central station intruder fire and heat detection systems
- Keyholding services
- Monitored CCTV
- Security patrols.
There will be a premium discount applied for using these services
For more information on the services provided by VPS Group, please contact one of our underwriting team.